Part 1: Introduction to Oils
Part 2: Dive Deeper
- Lesson 1: Lavender Essential Oil
- Lesson 2: Lemon Essential Oil
- Lesson 3: Peppermint Essential Oil
- Lesson 4: Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Lesson 5: Oregano Essential Oil
- Lesson 6: Frankincense Essential Oil
- Lesson 7: On Guard Essential Oil Blend
- Lesson 8: Breathe Essential Oil Blend
- Lesson 9: ZenGest Essential Oil Blend
- Lesson 10: Deep Blue Essential Oil Blend
- Lesson 11: Lifelong Vitality Pack (LLV) Supplements
Part 3, Section 1: Essential Oils For Mind & Mood
Part 3, Section 2: Essential Oils For Body
Part 3, Section 3: Essential Oils For Home
Part 4: Thank You Learning!
Lesson 1: Personal Care
Download the eBOOK on essential-oils-and-personal-care Click Here.
Have you had a chance to try any of the diffuser recipes yet? A new friend of mine just told me she is creating little customized blends of essential oils for each person in her bridal party to diffuse and enjoy. How cool is that!?
Aside from that awesome idea, I’ve been doing some research on body care products lately and the amount of harmful parabens, phthalates, and other toxins that are allowed in widely distributed products is astonishing. I threw out my old lotions in favor of doTERRA’s or my own which was quite simple to make:
DIY Trusty Hand Cream
- ¼ cup shea butter (can substitute half of this with coconut oil)
- ⅛ cup sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax (small beeswax pellets melt the best)
- 20 drops of essential oil (8 drops dōTERRA® myrrh, 8 drops dōTERRA® Cedarwood, 4 drops dōTERRA® peppermint recommended)
In a double boiler, stir and melt the shea butter, beeswax, and sweet almond oil together. Once evenly melted, let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes before adding in 20 drops of your favorite nourishing essential oils. Pour the mix into your hand cream container(s) and let harden completely over the next few hours.
As easy as this is to make, I still think you can’t beat doTERRA’s Rose hand lotion and the Yarrow | Pom nutritive duo – these make my hands baby-soft!
Take a minute this week to inspect what’s really in your body care products – you might be surprised!
Have any questions or recipes of your own? Share them below!